CWL’s Fort St. John office is seeking a motivated Intermediate Environmental Professional to promote CWL’s initiatives while completing various environmental assessments and associated reporting in accordance with the needs of our diverse range of clientele.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations
- Soil and Vegetation Assessments
- Reclamation Plans
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plans
- Environmental Monitoring for construction projects
- Stream Assessments and Classification
- Wetland Assessments and Classification
- Wildlife surveys
- Environmental Mitigation plans
- Environmental Protection Plans
- Technical Report Review
- Graduate degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science)
- 3-5 years of experience within the oil and gas industry. Experience within Alberta and British Columbia would be considered and asset
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills
- Experience in soils handling and reclamation is preferred
- A willingness to work/travel in northeastern BC
- Environmental monitoring experience on construction projects is an asset
- Have technical report writing experience
- Strong understanding of the oil and gas market, including key local and regional players, as well as a deep understanding of regulatory framework
- Membership with BCIA (British Columbia Institute of Agrologists) would be an asset
- Professional accreditation such as Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio) or Biologist in Training (BIT) status in BC would be considered an asset
Why CWL Energy Management?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs, and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.