The Help Desk Analyst position provides technical support for desktop applications and company specific applications, both in-person and remotely. Supporting user hardware devices such as computers, laptops, printers, and peripherals are also an integral part of this position. The Help Desk Analyst is the first point of contact for users with technical issues, and spends the majority of time investigating, diagnosing and resolving tickets and problems utilizing processes, guidelines and documented procedures. Where the problem cannot be resolved by this position, the incumbent will escalate the issue to senior staff.
Duties include; but, are not limited to:
- Monitor ticketing system for incoming .user technical issues, following through with the appropriate resolution to either promptly solve the issues, or to escalate the ticket to the respective IT personnel.
- Troubleshoot hardware including desktops, laptops, printers, monitors, and other desktop peripherals.
- Troubleshoot basic user software including MS Office, Adobe, Internet Explorer, etc. as well as specialized software.
- Read, understand, and follow strict issue documentation and setup procedures to achieve efficient and prompt ticket resolution.
- Record, track, and document all actions taken on customer requests, through to the final resolution.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Create, and Deactivate user accounts, following strict documentation and procedure.
- Deploy or Replace desktop hardware and software in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years of college in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology required (equivalent experience in lieu is acceptable).
- Certifications in MCSA, or A+ or other equivalent certificates preferred but not required.
- At least 2 year’s experience with workstation / desktop troubleshooting.
- Must be able to quickly and correctly troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve user IT related issues.
- Experience providing technical support to end users on various devices, operating systems and peripherals in an Enterprise Environment.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills with a great attention to detail.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.